If you are well into your late forties or fifties then it is quite inevitable that the aging signs would be getting prominent on your skin. Quite understandably, aging is such a stage of life which is considered to be the most drastic as it can not only affect the health but also appearance. Surgical procedures like forehead lift also known as brow lift surgery not only helps people to look better but also make them feel good. Being a cosmetic procedure, it helps decrease the initial effect of aging and revives the youthful appearance at the same time. Sometimes, people want to look good from outside which helps them feel better and healthier from inside.
It is worth-mentioning here that many people are of the view that cosmetic surgery is a mere waste of money and has certain limits when it comes to improving a person’s appearance. Listed below are some features of forehead lift which may be helpful towards understanding the effectiveness:
- The surgery is best for those who have deep forehead lines, unwanted furrows that create an exhausted or weary appearance, deep horizontal creases on their foreheads, suffering from premature aging, droopy eyebrows and have frown lines or furrows between the eyebrows and sometimes across the top of the nose.
- Some younger adults want this kind of cosmetic procedure not because of premature aging but because they want enhance some of their inherited traits and facial appearance that they are not happy with. Besides, some individuals who can also benefit from forehead lift surgery are those that develop so called lines in their faces due to stress and certain muscular activities.
- According to Dr. Bokhari, an American Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, forehead lift surgery starts with the administration of general anesthesia to ensure that the patient will go through a pain free and comfortable surgery. Prior to the procedure, the patient’s hair is trimmed and tied back from the area where the incision will be made.
- After that, the surgeon looks for the specific area to make the incision that will be least visible. The most common areas where the incisions are likely to be made are along the hairline, within the scalp or along the natural bone structure lines on the scalp.
- For better results, sometimes forehead lift surgery uses an endoscope which allows view of the internal structure of the patient’s forehead. The endoscope is a long thin tube with a video camera and a light on the end. It is inserted through a small incision made on the forehead.
- After making all the necessary incisions, the forehead skin is lifted, excess tissue is removed, muscles are repositioned or removed and the eyebrows are lifted.
- Once procedure is complete, the incisions are closed by stitches followed by dressing. Patient’s recovery duration may last from two weeks to a month but chiefly depends on the health and how fast the patient is able to recover.
- For safety purposes during and after the surgery, various monitors are used to check the heartbeat, blood pressure, pulse and the amount of oxygen circulating in the blood.